Collection and Use of Information you provide – When you sign up for our newsletters or other Exist service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name and email address). For these services, we give you the opportunity to opt out, in which case, you may send an e-mail, clearly stating in the subject line your intention to be excluded.
User communications – When you send email or other communication to Exist, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Links – Exist may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- Developing new services
Exist processes personal information on our servers in the United States, the Republic of the Philippines and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Exist may not be able to provide those services to you.
Exist only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Exist in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
Exist regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Exist's treatment of personal information by contacting us or by writing to us at 3601 Aviation, Suite 1000, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Exist's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Exist and an individual.
Changes to this policy