Exist Software Labs is in need of a junior to mid-level DBA to be part of the Database Management Team. He will be involved in the deployment of highly-available database clusters for the company’s diverse client base. He will assist the Senior DBA in the implementation of key database management strategies.
- Install, configure, and set up database clusters with high availability and failover features.
- Install, configure, and set up database monitoring tools.
- Design and implement backup, restore, and retention strategies.
- Analyze client requirements/specifications and design data models.
- Analyze database performance issues and recommend/implement solutions.
- Work closely with the Dev Team and assist in query optimization.
- Migrate from one data platform to another.
- Assist in pre-sales engagements.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Advanced to Expert level skills in SQL.
- Knowledge of ACID principles.
- Knowledge and experience in various OLTP and OLAP implementations.
- Advanced to Expert level skills in any of the following RDBMS platforms: Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, and Oracle (Postgres will be prioritized).
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Tenacity and a never-give-up attitude.
- Passion for learning new technologies.
Required Educational Attainment:
- A B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field.
Optional but Advantageous:
- Certification in a database technology.
- Knowledge of DevOps.